Have you ever had experience where your team member suddenly disappears from your group? Have you ever wondered why this is happening? Here is the #1 mistake most people make when it comes to retaining team members. This is a lot to do with how we treat our team members…
Yesterday, I was at group called “Rank Maker” created by Ray Higdon. I was in the training with many of aspired home business entrepreneurs. I shared exactly what I learned from this group today.
He said, key is to keep them be around the campfire…
What does that mean?
There are three categories of people in your home business; 80% category, 15% category and 5% category. Here is what it is…
- 80% category: They just enjoyed being around the uplifting environment with like-minded people. They don’t have very few or no motivation to make money from the business.
- 15% category: They want to make some money from $2,000 – $3,000 per month or around $30,000 a year so there are some motivation.
- 5% category: Those are the one who wants to build family legacy and they put their life into the business, they want to make $25,000 per month or above.
Here is what most people make mistake (Including myself…). We all assume (or want to assume) that all of the people coming into our business are in 5% category (Or at least they all aspired to be in this 5% category) and it just isn’t the case… So, we always put the pressure onto those in 80% category to do more. And, many are creating the environment where we chastise those who did not perform as much as we expect them to do. At the end result,
They leave from your group because they don’t feel belonging…
Then, Ray Higdon mentioned that church or gym understands much better in terms of retention than most of us…
In church, some people go there because they feel good by belonging with like-minded friends, listening to the sermon, or do some tithing for helping community. However, what if church pesters chastise those who come to the church by saying that “you did not do enough. Are you really believing in god? You guys all should become pester!” What’s going to happen?
Very soon, those faithful attendees of church will leave the community because they don’t feel good and they feel they don’t belong…
Instead, church let all of them in. They are all welcome for those who comes to their church…
Is it possible that those who are in 80% category may make transition to 15% category? It is possible as long as you keep them around the camp fire. Feeling of change must come from within and people may possibly change themselves as long as they are in the community long enough.
However, if you chastise those 80% for not doing more (or worse, your group culture is the culture that chastise those 80%), that means you may possibly drive away 80% of your team members…
Key is to keep them around your campfire not chastise like most people do…
I hope you got great value out of this blog post. If you want to get my detailed notebook, 9 Lessons to Become Successful Home Business Entrepreneur, you can just download by filling your first name and email address.
P.S1: As I said in the beginning of the blog, I am in the group called “Rank Maker“. They temporarily open for membership and less than 10 hours left. If you are in the home business, I highly recommend to check this group out. I personally learned a lot of nuggets in terms of building home business and you won’t be regretted. Click here for more detail.
P.S2: My friend Russell Brunson just released his new book ExpertSecrets. It’s literally the underground playbook for creating a mass movement of people who will pay for your advice! You can get a copy of it here for FREE.
P.S3: If you are in the local in San Diego area, I delighted to announce that I now have cashflow game group in San Diego chapter. I am hosting Robert Kiyosaki’s cashflow game to foster financial education. If you want to learn more about it or would like to attend, you might want to check it out by clicking here.
- How To Respond With Objection “Can I See Company Website?” - September 18, 2017
- How To Set Up The Appointment To Cold Market Prospects During Networking Event - September 17, 2017
- Prospecting Tips: How To Initiate Conversation In Networking Event Without Being Weird - September 14, 2017
- 3 Best Prospecting Places For The Introvert - September 13, 2017
- Leadership: Are You Good Leader Or Nice Leader? - September 12, 2017
- How To Turn Your Obstacle Into Opportunity - September 11, 2017
- What To Do If You Have Non-Supportive Spouse - September 8, 2017
- Appointment Tip: How To SECURELY Set Up Appointment - September 7, 2017
- One Guaranteed Way NOT Succeeding In Home Business (This Applies Anything Else In Life) - September 4, 2017
- What To Do When You Don’t Feel Like It - September 2, 2017