Today, we had fortunate enough to get coached by our CEO during lunch time after the training. During the coaching, he shared in any businesses, there is typically 4 phases that we all need to go through in order to build successful and thriving business. Those are
- Awkward phase
- Mechanical phase
- Fall phase
- Commitment phase
As I was in the home business for 4 years and I could relate exactly what he shared.
When you are starting out, you are in awkward phase. Everything starts from this. You will feel awkward in everything you do, such as…
- Attending meeting
- Meeting environment
- When you talk to others (both team members and prospects)
During awkward phase, you really don’t know what you are doing and no belief in the business. So, there is not so many results and many rejections.
Once we passed through awkward time, now, we can start to do the presentation, talk to people (Prospecting) and do closing. However, process is still pretty mechanical. In other words, we can only do the things that we learned in the training. We cannot really arrange the presentation or talking to our style. Nonetheless, they started to have results and their business started to pick up. During this phase, many are thinking business is not actually that bad because they have not experienced the down time as all entrepreneurs know that there will be a down time. Inevitably, they will start to experience the down time in business…
Now, they can do all of the business operations and they thought business picks up and thrives. However, things just do not go as they expect, such as…
- Not really leading to the sales or recruits, even if they are trying
- Team started to have issues
- Main key player quits the business
- Their overall business started to come down
CEO said, “everyone will go through this phase including myself and my mentors. This phase will really test you if you want to keep going in the business or not. Some will quit the business thinking that this is not for me. Others will really push themselves and make total commitment to the business…” This will lead to last phase.
During fall phase, some will quit and others will make total decision that they will make it and go through with this bad time. CEO said “once those individuals make total decision like this. They will start to take massive actions. I have seen so many people made decision like this and run with the business. Then, boom, their business goes vertical move from here on…”
These are 4 phases that we, as business owners, need to go through in order to have great success in the business including down time. However, my mentors say
“Sometimes it takes an overwhelming breakdown to have an undeniable breakthrough.”
I believe that those down times happen for reasons. These down times allow us to make decision to move to the commitment phase and have an undeniable breakthrough to the business.
I hope you got great value out of this blog post. If you want to learn how to attract quality leads by using Meetup, you might want to get my brand new free video study course called “How To Leverage Meetup To Build Your Home Business”. You will learn exactly how I use Meetup to get, attract and grow list of prospects. You can just click on the right hand side of banner, enter the information to claim this totally free video study course.
P.S 1: I was delighted that I was interviewed by Li Lin, business coach at Immigrant CEO as well as owner of The Successful Immigrant! I shared my journey toward financial independence during this interview. You can listen to interview soon on the Immigrant CEO podcast.
P.S 2: Best way to communicate with me is through Facebook, you can join my Facebook fan page. I sometimes discuss the topic that I don’t mention in the blog site. If you want to join the community, click here.
- How To Properly Startup Your New Team Member Part 2 - November 18, 2017
- How To Properly Startup Your New Team Member Part 1 - November 17, 2017
- #1 Reason Holding You Back From Creating Success - November 16, 2017
- Facebook Marketing Tip: How To Create Curiosity About Your Home Business - November 15, 2017
- 3 Most Common Inviting Mistakes Most Newbies Make - November 13, 2017
- Inviting Tip: Invite Right Away Or Build Relationship? - November 12, 2017
- Mental Toughness: Is It Important For Business Success? - November 10, 2017
- Why Almost Everyone Should Build Residual Income - November 8, 2017
- #1 Skill To Develop For Building Thriving Business - November 7, 2017
- How To Explode Your Team - November 6, 2017