In yesterday’s blog, I wrote about 3 biggest tips on Facebook marketing for your home business. Many people already do some kind of Facebook marketing. Some puts pictures of their teams with BBQ during home gathering, other puts pictures or videos during their company events. However, most people do it totally wrong when it come to Facebook marketing. In this blog, I would like to share the biggest mistake that most people make when it comes to promoting their business via Facebook.
Biggest mistake: Exposing your company name
This is by far the biggest mistake that people make when it comes to Facebook marketing. They somehow think that it is more powerful to brand their company by showing company logo, name and goods. I saw countless times someone puts pictures of events and totally exposing company name. Not only this, but those are:
- Company t-shirts
- Company logo
- Company goods
- Pictures with company logo
- Pictures with anything that people can guess about your company
Some may think that I have no loyalty to the company because I don’t want to show my company name. If showing company name is very effective, then I would already do that. However, IT IS JUST NOT EFFECTIVE in terms of marketing. Those exposures will just erase all the curiosity of prospects. They are not going to ask you about your company. They will go to their best friend of the world: Google. If they check company name with Google, this will not be pretty.
What most people’s mind is programmed to look for? Are they looking for something positive or negative? Yes, that’s right. I don’t care what it is, whether or not searching Baptist Church or Make-A-Wish-Foundation, Google will show you something negative about the term that you search for. Prospects will not care what you have to say because whatever you will say is positive. Your prospects might reach out to you if they are curious but by exposing to your company name, you will not even know that your prospects might be interested because they will be turned off by Google and they will never contact you again…
Taking pictures or videos and posting on Facebook is very powerful strategy. This will create your prospect curiosity and make them reach out to you. However, it won’t be powerful if you expose the company name so I hope you got great value out of this blog post. If you want to get my detailed notebook, 9 Lessons to Become Successful Home Business Entrepreneur, you can just download by filling your first name and email address.
P.S: My friend Russell Brunson just released his new book ExpertSecrets. It’s literally the underground playbook for creating a mass movement of people who will pay for your advice! You can get a copy of it here for FREE.
P.S2: If you are in the local in Los Angeles, I am hosting Robert Kiyosaki’s cashflow game to foster financial education. If you want to learn more about it or would like to attend, you might want to check it out by clicking here.
- Biggest Tip On Inviting Prospects - January 17, 2018
- Mindset Tip: Are You Bigger Than Your Problems? - January 11, 2018
- Goal Setting Tip: One Critical Advise From My Mentor - January 3, 2018
- One Question You Need To Ask Yourself For Business Success - December 27, 2017
- Inviting Tip: Pre-framing Prospects Part 2 - December 24, 2017
- Inviting Tip: Pre-Framing Prospects - December 21, 2017
- How To Respond When Prospect Says “I Want To Think About It” - December 20, 2017
- What I Learned From Tony Robbins - December 19, 2017
- The Most Important Sales - December 15, 2017
- Power Of No Excuse Mentality - December 14, 2017