Today, I would like to share what’s common mistake that most people make in home business and two advises that might help to improve this situation.
Yesterday, I was in San Diego for my business. My business partner brought the prospect for business meeting for potential business partner. He told me that
“My prospect is high school teacher and she told me that her family financial situation is pretty tight so I think she needs to make extra money.”
During business overview, she clearly does not have any interest in business component. We asked couple of questions to create rapport with her but she just gave simple answers and not really elaborate. What would you do in this kind of situation? Here is most people do.
They try to talk to the prospects who never have intention to join your business for a hours and hours to convince. This is sure fire way for you to be frustrated.
My first advise to you is try not to close everybody that you ever encountered. Instead, you will just check with prospect to see if they are open.
And here is the one more advise. Do not look for the person who is in need. Instead, look for the person who WANTS it. Typically, it is not all the time. The person who is most broke are usually the one who is very close minded. The person is in that situation for reason. They need money because they are not willing to do anything about it. Even if we may present excellent opportunity for them to get better financially, they are still not willing to do anything about it.
Instead of looking for the prospects who needs the opportunity, look for the prospect who wants the opportunity. Those individuals are usually very open.
I hope you got great value out of this blog post. If you want to get my detailed notebook, 9 Lessons to Become Successful Home Business Entrepreneur, you can just download by filling your first name and email address.
P.S: My friend Russell Brunson just released his new book ExpertSecrets. It’s literally the underground playbook for creating a mass movement of people who will pay for your advice! You can get a copy of it here for FREE.
P.S2: If you are in the local in Los Angeles, I am hosting Robert Kiyosaki’s cashflow game to foster financial education. If you want to learn more about it or would like to attend, you might want to check it out by clicking here.
- Biggest Tip On Inviting Prospects - January 17, 2018
- Mindset Tip: Are You Bigger Than Your Problems? - January 11, 2018
- Goal Setting Tip: One Critical Advise From My Mentor - January 3, 2018
- One Question You Need To Ask Yourself For Business Success - December 27, 2017
- Inviting Tip: Pre-framing Prospects Part 2 - December 24, 2017
- Inviting Tip: Pre-Framing Prospects - December 21, 2017
- How To Respond When Prospect Says “I Want To Think About It” - December 20, 2017
- What I Learned From Tony Robbins - December 19, 2017
- The Most Important Sales - December 15, 2017
- Power Of No Excuse Mentality - December 14, 2017