When you saw this title, you might think “This is not possible…“. It actually is possible. If you physically try to become number one every single time, yes, it is almost impossible. But, I am talking about state of mind…
My mentor always said to me…
“In our business, you will be a winner as long as you compete with other peers, even if you lose from the competition”
Honestly, I heard this sentences so many times. However, I did not fully understand what’s really meant in the longest time until very recently… Here is the story…
Now, I am in the accountability program where top 25 business owners have to share the results of previous day every day from Monday through Friday. This forces me to take more actions. Especially, I feel extremely uncomfortable when I repeatedly have to tell coaches I don’t have any progress for few days straight.
Sometimes, I observe many of peers share so many results (Big sales, big progress and breakthroughs). This further gives me so much pressure.
Honestly speaking, sometimes, I started to have negative thoughts / excuses in my head like:
- This person is such a high credential in his / her chosen field and I did not have…
- This person has so much great personality and I don’t have
- This person has so well connected. That’s the reason why he / she can create so much success but it is not me…
- Etc etc, you name it…
While I sometimes felt those thoughts above (But I never say it), I also realized that I am doing the things that I have never done or never dare to do; I felt I am having small progress and improvement and I saw progress that I never saw before. During that moment, I realized what my mentor said…
Competition is not about win or lose. Through competition, all participants will do the best to stretch themselves so that they will be able to create better results than before competition. Even if you might not be able to win or compete with other peers, you will still win over yourself as long as your progress is better than before. As long as your business (or anything in life) is better than before, then you are winner.
I know many people struggle with negativity in their head, especially for team business. This kind of negativity / envy (AKA, Comparitis) is very dangerous when it comes to building business. I feel much better by thinking about compete yesterday-me against today-me rather than comparing ourselves to peers.
I hope you got great value out of this blog post. If you want to learn how to attract quality leads by using Meetup, you might want to get my brand new free video study course called “How To Leverage Meetup To Build Your Home Business”. You will learn exactly how I use Meetup to get, attract and grow list of prospects. You can just click on the right hand side of banner, enter the information to claim this totally free video study course.
P.S 1: Do you want to become master in sales and business? If so, I am personally learning from Grant Cardone. He is absolute master when it comes to sales and entrepreneurship. Especially, books like Closer’s Survival Guide, Sell or Be Sold and 10X rule is excellent. If you want to learn more, click here.
P.S 2: Best way to communicate with me is through Facebook, you can join my Facebook fan page. I sometimes discuss the topic that I don’t mention in the blog site. If you want to join the community, click here.
- One Thing Definitely Does Not Make You Wealthy - June 7, 2019
- How To Guarantee Your Success In Business (And Life) - November 11, 2018
- 4 Stages Of Business Building - October 31, 2018
- How To Be The Winner In Any Competitions - September 18, 2018
- Biggest Pitfall That Most People Fall Into (Also, My Diet Update) - September 7, 2018
- How I Lost Over 30 LBs In Less Than 2 Months - July 17, 2018
- How To Move Un-Motivated People - June 22, 2018
- Want To Quit? Those Might Help… - June 4, 2018
- Biggest Pitfall For Part Timers (In Business) - May 16, 2018
- Why Memorizing Script Is Waste Of Time (Even Winning Script) - April 27, 2018