Have you ever had situation where you set up the appointment with your prospects and this person never showed up? Then, when you call them to see if they are on the way, you find out that they are not even attempting to come to the appointment? In this blog, I would like to share how to handle the prospects that usually break the appointments.
Here is what most people (armature) do in home business. They follow up and prospects usually pick up the phone. Then, people do either
- accuse prospect by saying “How dare you. You said you would come. Oh man…” or
- chase prospect by begging them to come back
Those methods never work and your prospects never come back to you ever!! We need to operate like business owner not whiner… So, we have to have posture when you follow up on those prospects that break the appointment. According to Ray Higdon,
“Posture is the belief in what you have regardless of external acceptance and approval, acceptance or approval”
For me, I fully understand the power of my business and I don’t need cold market strangers or anybody tell me if my business is good or not.
Today, I supposed to have appointment with one of my prospects in my office. He said he would come but in last minutes, he did not show up. If I did not ask him, he would not even tell me about this. So I called him. Instead of accusing him like most people would do, I said,
“Look, I am very busy and working with so many people who would need my support. So, tell me if this is something that you would be open to see. I value your time as well as mine and I don’t want to waste my time. If this is something that you would be open to, great. If not, it’s not big deal”
He replied, “Sorry about this. I am interested. Can we meet tomorrow?”
This is all about posture; how we carry ourselves. We should never chase, beg and bug prospects. If you talk to people with posture, you would be surprised that you will get totally different response from your prospect (Even after prospect breaks your appointment).
I hope you got great value out of this blog post. If you want to get my detailed notebook, 9 Lessons to Become Successful Home Business Entrepreneur, you can just download by filling your first name and email address.
P.S: My friend Russell Brunson just released his new book ExpertSecrets. It’s literally the underground playbook for creating a mass movement of people who will pay for your advice! You can get a copy of it here for FREE.
P.S2: If you are in the local in San Diego area, I delighted to announce that I now have cashflow game group in San Diego chapter. I am hosting Robert Kiyosaki’s cashflow game to foster financial education. If you want to learn more about it or would like to attend, you might want to check it out by clicking here.
- Biggest Pitfall For Part Timers (In Business) - May 16, 2018
- Why Memorizing Script Is Waste Of Time (Even Winning Script) - April 27, 2018
- One Of The Biggest Pitfalls Most People Fall Into - April 25, 2018
- Power Of Association: How To Tap Into Your True Potential - April 17, 2018
- Successful People VS. Unsuccessful People Part 6 - April 11, 2018
- How You Do One Thing Is How You Do Everything - April 3, 2018
- How To Approach Cold Prospects At Mall - March 27, 2018
- Business Mindset Tip: Are You Ritz Carlton Or Holiday Inn? - March 21, 2018
- Successful People VS. Unsuccessful People Part 5 - March 10, 2018
- Biggest Take Away From Business Building Seminar - March 4, 2018