You did wonderful presentation and you thought you can get your prospect on board. Then prospect said to you
I want to think about it…
Have you ever experienced your prospect said to you? I bet you do. I totally understand that this is very frustrating response from your prospect. If we get “No” then we can feel free to move on but think about it? You almost want to say “What do you mean by you want to think about it?”
Recently, I learned very good way to handle this frustrating response from one of the great trainers. Here is how you respond to this.
When your prospect says “I want to think about it”, then you respond something like this:
I totally understand what you meant. In my experience, people say this either two of those reasons
- You are not interested or
- You are interested but need more information
Which one is it?
Good thing about this response is to pinpoint if they have slight interest or not interested at all. You will get the answer as Grant Cardone said you are controlling the sales process if you ask question and get the answer from your prospect. If they answer #1 then you can easily move on. However, if they answer #2, then you will dig into their question and make sure to answer their questions.
If you get response like this, you need to make sure to ask right question to get the clear answer from your prospect. If you can’t, then there is no shot to closing your prospect.
I hope you got great value out of this blog post. If you want to learn how to attract quality leads by using Meetup, you might want to get my brand new free video study course called “How To Leverage Meetup To Build Your Home Business”. You will learn exactly how I use Meetup to get, attract and grow list of prospects. You can just click on the right hand side of banner, enter the information to claim this totally free video study course.
P.S 1: I was delighted that I was interviewed by Li Lin, business coach at Immigrant CEO as well as owner of The Successful Immigrant! I shared my journey toward financial independence during this interview. You can listen to interview soon on the Immigrant CEO podcast.
P.S 2: Best way to communicate with me is through Facebook, you can join my Facebook fan page. I sometimes discuss the topic that I don’t mention in the blog site. If you want to join the community, click here.
- How I Lost Over 30 LBs In Less Than 2 Months - July 17, 2018
- How To Move Un-Motivated People - June 22, 2018
- Want To Quit? Those Might Help… - June 4, 2018
- Biggest Pitfall For Part Timers (In Business) - May 16, 2018
- Why Memorizing Script Is Waste Of Time (Even Winning Script) - April 27, 2018
- One Of The Biggest Pitfalls Most People Fall Into - April 25, 2018
- Power Of Association: How To Tap Into Your True Potential - April 17, 2018
- Successful People VS. Unsuccessful People Part 6 - April 11, 2018
- How You Do One Thing Is How You Do Everything - April 3, 2018
- How To Approach Cold Prospects At Mall - March 27, 2018