Are you in the tough situation or facing obstacle right now and feeling down? When it comes to home business, you might be in the situation where
- Your spouse gives you hard time because he or she is not supportive to your business
- You cannot really do the business properly because you are dead broke
- Your team quits all together (1 joins and 3 quits)
- You feel like your business goes nowhere, while everybody else is doing very well
- Nobody in your team shows up to the event / meeting
- You feel bad because the person join you way after you surpassed you like a hotcake
- And many more
Believe me, you are not alone. If we are pursuing something great, we will face major obstacle. In fact, successful people also face obstacle just like any of us. However, there is a difference in how successful people and unsuccessful people treat obstacle.
First, I would like to quote from Jim Rohn, America’s Foremost Business Philosopher.
“It’s not what happens that determines your life’s future. It’s what you do about what happens.
All of us are in like a little sailboat, and it’s not the blowing of the wind that determines your destination. It’s the set of the sail.
The same wind blows on us all. The wind of disaster, the wind of opportunity, the wind of change, the wind when it’s upside down, the wind when it’s favorable and unfavorable.
The same wind blows on us all. The economic wind, the social wind, the political wind. The same wind blows on everybody.
The difference in where you arrive in one year, three years, five years, the difference in arrival is not the blowing of the wind but the set of the sail.”
Both successful people and unsuccessful people are facing same kind of issue, circumstance and obstacle. Successful people simply react to these obstacles and take actions to turn these obstacle to opportunity, while most people are crashed by those obstacle and make these obstacles the reason why they are not succeeding.
I have one story to share. I met lady a week ago for coffee. I found out that she happened to be in the same profession as I am so I got interest in how she built the business as she’s been in the business since 1997.
Her story was quite a story. Before she is doing the business, she was stay home mom, knew nothing about business or making money. She was just relying on her husband for all her life.
Something happened and he left her. Worse, he took all of her assets and money with him when he left. Now, she does not have any money (She said exactly she had only $1.66…) and she needed to raise her child… Do you know what she did after?
She drove to northern California to look for the mentor in my company with absolutely no money and she did everything she could to follow her mentor’s direction because she had to make it. Or else, she and her kid will be out to the street. She worked hard and she needed to change from her soft personality (Stay home mom) to business person’s mentality in order for her to lead her team. She shared 1990s was still male dominated in her field of profession and she needed to be very strong in order to lead these people.
Now, she is very well off financially and she is now living in beach house. She told me that “this is the best thing that ever happened for me, although it seemed bad in the beginning. Without this experience, I would never become total financial independence.”
She turned her obstacle (I mean major obstacle) into one of the life time opportunity. Wow, she has such a great set of the sail.
Successful people are not only surviving but also thriving from those obstacles because they understand this principle… While unsuccessful people are totally crashed by them because their ship does not have strong sail or no sail at all…
If you have great set of the sail like successful people, you will be able to achieve anything in your life no matter what happened to you.
I hope you got great value out of this blog post. Actually, I just finished on new free giveaway, “How To Leverage Meetup To Build Your Home Business” Video Study Course. You will learn exactly how I use Meetup to get, attract and grow list of prospects. You can just click on the right hand side of banner, enter the information to claim this totally free video study course.
P.S: My friend Russell Brunson just released his new book ExpertSecrets. It’s literally the underground playbook for creating a mass movement of people who will pay for your advice! You can get a copy of it here for FREE.
P.S2: If you are in the local in Los Angeles, I am hosting Robert Kiyosaki’s cashflow game to foster financial education. If you want to learn more about it or would like to attend, you might want to check it out by clicking here.
- Successful People VS. Unsuccessful People Part 5 - March 10, 2018
- Biggest Take Away From Business Building Seminar - March 4, 2018
- Successful People VS. Unsuccessful People Part 4 - March 2, 2018
- Successful People VS. Unsuccessful People Part 3 - February 28, 2018
- Successful People VS. Unsuccessful People Part 2 - February 27, 2018
- Successful People VS. Unsuccessful People Part 1 - February 26, 2018
- Mindset Tip: What Is Easy To Do Is Also Easy Not To Do - February 9, 2018
- Closing Tip: Power Of Assumption - February 6, 2018
- Biggest Take Away From Tim Grover - January 23, 2018
- Biggest Tip On Inviting Prospects - January 17, 2018