I am listening Grant Cardone’s audiobook “10X Rule” in my car. This is really good audiobook and highly recommend people who want to achieve more in life. In one of the sections of the audiobook, he was talking about excuses. Excuses is, by his definition…
“An “excuse” is a justification for doing—or not doing—something. I think the dictionary implies that it’s a “reason.” … Excuses are never the reason for why you did or didn’t do something. They’re just a revision of the facts that you make up in order to help yourself feel better about what happened (or didn’t).”
For example, many people say that I am late because of traffic. In reality, he or she is late not because of traffic but because they did not take traffic into the consideration.
Grant said the person who makes excuses has the lowest form of responsibility and those who makes one will never create success and always victim in their life…
How this translate into our home business?
Do you familiar with these excuses?
- I don’t have money
- I don’t have time
- I have kids
- My market is too tough
- I am too young
- I have no support from upline
If you make these excuses when we are trying to build business, you will never make it period. The successful people that I observed never make excuses and take total responsibility about what happened to them.
There is always have solutions to the those perceived problem, you can always do
- I don’t have money = I start the network marketing business that required small amount of capital
- I don’t have time = I start with few hours a week
- I have kids = I explain to my kids why I need to do this
- My market is too tough = I improve myself by reading self-improvement book and hang out with my mentor so that I can improve my market
- I am too young = I hang out with great association and learn the wisdom from them so that I can talk same language as high identity people
- I have no support from upline = I seek other mentors and attend seminars to find one
In my experiences, I totally feel that we all start to get great results when we lose all the excuses and take responsibility of their own action. It’s not about what happened determine the major part of your future. Many of those circumstances happened to us all. What separate from successful and unsuccessful people is what to do with those circumstances. They take their own actions to create their own future or they are crashed by making excuses.
Do you want to create success in your life? Don’t make excuse to make yourself as victim. Embrace the word “Despite” and take total responsibility. If you do that, I will assure you that you will see the result.
I hope you got great value out of this blog post. If you want to learn how to attract quality leads by using Meetup, you might want to get my brand new free video study course called “How To Leverage Meetup To Build Your Home Business”. You will learn exactly how I use Meetup to get, attract and grow list of prospects. You can just click on the right hand side of banner, enter the information to claim this totally free video study course.
P.S 1: I was delighted that I was interviewed by Li Lin, business coach at Immigrant CEO as well as owner of The Successful Immigrant! I shared my journey toward financial independence during this interview. You can listen to interview soon on the Immigrant CEO podcast.
P.S 2: Best way to communicate with me is through Facebook, you can join my Facebook fan page. I sometimes discuss the topic that I don’t mention in the blog site. If you want to join the community, click here.
- How I Lost Over 30 LBs In Less Than 2 Months - July 17, 2018
- How To Move Un-Motivated People - June 22, 2018
- Want To Quit? Those Might Help… - June 4, 2018
- Biggest Pitfall For Part Timers (In Business) - May 16, 2018
- Why Memorizing Script Is Waste Of Time (Even Winning Script) - April 27, 2018
- One Of The Biggest Pitfalls Most People Fall Into - April 25, 2018
- Power Of Association: How To Tap Into Your True Potential - April 17, 2018
- Successful People VS. Unsuccessful People Part 6 - April 11, 2018
- How You Do One Thing Is How You Do Everything - April 3, 2018
- How To Approach Cold Prospects At Mall - March 27, 2018