Have you struggled with prospecting with cold market? Many people cannot get over the hurdle of going outside of their warm market including people in my group. In this blog, I would like to share two tips that may help you for improving your prospecting success.
Tip 1: Just finding out who is open not closing every person you encounter
Many put pressure on themselves thinking that they need to close every single person that they ever get contact with. This just isn’t the case. If they do, they will be very nervous and even if they do approach prospects, they will screw up themselves because they think they must close them. Instead of that, see if they are open for the opportunity or products. I am in financial education company and we usually host seminar for promoting our business or financial solution.
When I was talking to my prospects during networking events or even chatting over coffee, I ask them to see if they are open to come to the seminar for improving their financial knowledge. If they say no, I just say “no problem! Let’s keep in touch!” and quickly get out of my way. If they say yes, then it will be the next step. I am not addicted to their decision as I am seeing who is open. I like what Ray Higdon said about analogy of waitress. Before waitress brings the final bill, she may ask customers “There is great key lime pie, do you want to have some?” If they say no to her, will she become so upset or depressed and says to herself, “I am so bad waitress! I should not be doing this” because they say no to her? No! She will say “No problem, here is the bill” Prospecting / inviting is just like that.
Tip 2: ASK
It seems so fundamental but many people cannot get phone number or cannot invite prospect because…
They don’t ask…
We all have resistance inside of ourselves and rationalize “This is not really good timing to ask. Maybe next time”. However, once start the conversation, ASK… Ray Higdon says ASK to GET.
I believe that your results will improve exponentially if you just follow this. I hope you got great value out of this blog post. If you want to get my detailed notebook, 9 Lessons to Become Successful Home Business Entrepreneur, you can just download by filling your first name and email address.
P.S: My friend Russell Brunson just released his new book ExpertSecrets. It’s literally the underground playbook for creating a mass movement of people who will pay for your advice! You can get a copy of it here for FREE.
P.S2: If you are in the local in Los Angeles, I am hosting Robert Kiyosaki’s cashflow game to foster financial education. If you want to learn more about it or would like to attend, you might want to check it out by clicking here.
- How To Respond With Objection “Can I See Company Website?” - September 18, 2017
- How To Set Up The Appointment To Cold Market Prospects During Networking Event - September 17, 2017
- Prospecting Tips: How To Initiate Conversation In Networking Event Without Being Weird - September 14, 2017
- 3 Best Prospecting Places For The Introvert - September 13, 2017
- Leadership: Are You Good Leader Or Nice Leader? - September 12, 2017
- How To Turn Your Obstacle Into Opportunity - September 11, 2017
- What To Do If You Have Non-Supportive Spouse - September 8, 2017
- Appointment Tip: How To SECURELY Set Up Appointment - September 7, 2017
- One Guaranteed Way NOT Succeeding In Home Business (This Applies Anything Else In Life) - September 4, 2017
- What To Do When You Don’t Feel Like It - September 2, 2017